McAfee helps users protect their data on their devices. This antivirus scans all of the system’s files to prevent malware from compromising the sensitive documents of the users. The first thing McAfee antivirus does is detect all of the computer’s harmful content, but users don’t have to worry about their document’s original content as McAfee antivirus secures its original content to the safe spot. McAfee antivirus can be downloaded from both online (mcafee.com/activate) and offline sources in Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Steps for downloading McAfee antivirus product
Users should open the “Downloads” folder and go through the folder in case of any antivirus already installed on the computer, and then reinstall it first to download McAfee antivirus. The user must go to the page of the “Control Panel” and delete the antivirus if it is already installed on the system.
To download McAfee go through the steps listed below:
- Visit McAfee’s official web site www.McAfee.com/activate.
- Click on the button “My Accounts” located in the right column on the home page.
- Under the “My Account” option, select the “Login” button.
- If the user already has an OF McAfee account then type in the specified column the registered email ID and a secure password.
- Then click on the “Sign In” cherry color option at the end of the display. If the users like to save their default browser login information, then press the “Remember me” button.
- If the user has no McAfee account, then by entering the first or last name, date of birth, email ID and a secure password they have to make an account.
- Then click the option “Agree.”
- Once you complete the logging process, open the “My Account” tab.
- Select the McAfee security software in the “My Account” option.
- Click the Download button.
- If users want to download many McAfee products, they can download to their computer any of McAfee products.
- Before you start downloading McAfee antivirus to the system, read the terms and conditions on the page.
- Click the “I Agree” button.
- Wait until the McAfee installation process is complete.
Steps to Installing McAfee antivirus software
Users should have a good internet connection on their computer; the speed of McAfee’s installation process depends only on the internet connection. Once users complete McAfee’s download process, they must move to their installation process. Here is how to:
- Open the “downloads” folder to open the antivirus product McAfee has downloaded.
- After finding that file, the file was downloaded by a double-click on the McAfee.
- Choose the default language and country currently in use.
- Read how to install McAfee antivirus on your computer.
- Click the “Download” button listed on the next tab.
- Stay until McAfee’s antivirus installation process is complete.
- Click the’ Open’ button.
- Reboot the computer.
Steps to Activate McAfee antivirus product
After completing the McAfee antivirus installation process on the system, users must activate the McAfee product to start using it. Users should have an alphanumeric product key of 25 digits. If the user has purchased the McAfee antivirus from the retail store, then the key to the product will be on the back of the cover. Or if the user downloaded the McAfee antivirus from the official website, then the key to the software would appear on the list.
- The users must go to McAfee.com/activate.
- Instead, by entering the email ID and a secure password, open the registered mail as the product key will be on the registered email identifier.
- Note the antivirus product key to trigger McAfee.
- Open the “Taskbar” and click the antivirus icon “McAfee.” Users will be given this option in the “Dock” or with the aid of the “Finder” app, and the user can get the antivirus program from McAfee.
- Double-click the antivirus program for McAfee.
- Tap the’ Activate ‘ icon.
- Enter on the given section the 25-digit alphanumeric product key.
- Stay until the activation gets completed.